Take Action Now
PLEASE REVIEW THE LOCAL AND NATIONAL UPDATES SECTIOn for relevant legal & policy changes.
Cal Poly FAQs
Based on questions submitted by Cal Poly students and their supporters, these FAQs will be updated on an ongoing basis: http://tinyurl.com/CalPolyFAQs
FAQ: DACA Update for the CSU
On 8/30/17, the California State University released an FAQ: DACA Update about the possible impact of the repeal of DACA. Link to FAQ.
Sign the "I Stand with Undocumented People" Letter
On 9/4/17, the Undocumented Student Working Group published a sign-on letter:
"We, the undersigned educators and community members based on the Central Coast, stand in solidarity with undocumented students, DACA recipients, and all undocumented people. ..."
We will post regular updates about the signatories to this letter on this website.
Show Your Support
- Link to Cal Poly Ally Badge
- Link to Cal Poly "I Stand with Undocumented People" Sign-on Letter Badge
- Link to #DefendDACA Badge
- Link to United We Dream's "Educators Coming Out in Support of Undocumented Students" Sign
- Identify the Senators and Representative in your Congressional District at https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members
- Call your Senators & Representative:
- Sample DACA Scripts
- Sample Script: “Hi, my name is X and I’m calling from City, State and my zip code is X. I’m deeply concerned about the reports that President Trump could end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) this week. I support the program and strongly oppose any attempt to terminate or alter it. I urge the Senator/Representative to do everything in his/her/their power to protect 800,000 DACA-recipients from deportation and support their right to work and study in this country. There are two things I’m hoping your office will do right now. Can the Senator/Representative appeal directly to the President to keep this program in place and issue a public statement of support for DACA recipients?
- IF DACA IS RESCINDED SAMPLE SCRIPT: “Hi, my name is X and I’m calling from City, State and my zip code is X. I strongly oppose President Trump's decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. This move is devastating for my community. I urge the Senator/Representative to do everything in his/her/their power to protect 800,000 DACA-recipients from detention or deportation and push for a pathway to citizenship.
Cal Poly's UndocuWeek is Monday September 18 to Friday September 22. Designed for undocumented students and students in mixed status families.